RUFFLES X RAPTORS CUT DIFFERENT CONTEST
OFFICAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT WITH AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Ruffles x Raptors Cut Different Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 pm (noon) ET on October 28, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 1 , 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Canada (the “Territory”) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry (each an “Entrant”). Employees and the immediate family members (including those with whom they are domiciled) of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (“MLSE”), PepsiCo Canada ULC (“PepsiCo”, together with MLSE, the “Contest Sponsors”), the Toronto Raptors, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures LLC (together, the “NBA Parties”) and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, agents, their advertising and promotional agencies (together with Contest Sponsors, the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. Determinations of eligibility shall be made in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Contest Period, each Entrant must complete the following steps in order to obtain one (1) entry into the Contest draw (each an “Entry” and collectively “Entries”):
Follow the contest prompt posted by the Official Toronto Raptors Instagram or the Official Ruffles Canada Instagram;
Open or download the official Toronto Raptors App (the “App”), available for iOS and Android, and click on the Contest tile; or
Navigate to the Contest Hub at cutdifferent.ca; and
Complete all necessary fields to receive one (1) Entry into the Contest.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day during the Contest Period. An Entry will be declared invalid if it is incomplete, damaged, irregular, or mechanically or electronically reproduced. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to, or otherwise discovered by, the Contest Sponsors) that any person has attempted to use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter the Contest more than once or to otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest, they may be disqualified from the Contest, and any future contests of the Contest Sponsors, in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsors – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an Entrant’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsors deems necessary, in their sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Contest Sponsors in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the Entrant, in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
(i) GRAND PRIZES: There are a total of ten (10) Grand Prizes available to be won, each consisting of a Ruffles x Raptors Jacket designed by Spencer Badu. The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $700 CAD. . Please allow 4 – 6 weeks following verification for delivery of Grand Prize.
(ii) WEEKLY PRIZES: There are a total of 700 Weekly Prizes available to be won during the Contest Period (each a “Weekly Prize”), as described in the table below. The number of Weekly Prizes available to be won each week during the Contest Period is also stated in the table below. The number of Weekly Prizes available to be won will diminish as they are claimed during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) Weekly Prize per person. Please allow 4 – 6 weeks following verification for delivery of Weekly Prize.
Prize Description Total Number of Prizes ARV Prizes Available Each Week
Raptors x Ruffles T-Shirt designed by Spencer Badu (“T-shirt”)
350 $150 70
Raptors x Ruffles Toque designed by Spencer Badu (“Toque”)
350 $80 70
A Prize Winner is not entitled to any difference between the actual value of the Prize and the approximate retail value stated herein. Each Prize Winner must follow all directions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to the Prize or any aspect thereof. Failure to do so may result in termination of participation, or continued participation, in the Prize or any aspect thereof. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferrable, refundable, for resale or convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in the event that a Prize, or any component of a Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute the same for another prize or component of equal or greater value, without notice or liability. In the event that a substitute prize is awarded, such prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. The Weekly Prize and Grand Prize may be collectively referred to as “Prizes”.
5. WINNER SELECTION:
Weekly Prize: For each week of the Contest (as provided in the table below), a random draw (each, a “Weekly Prize Draw”) will be conducted from among all eligible Entries received as eligible to win one of the Weekly Prizes described above. The Weekly Draws will take place at 10:00 am ET at the offices of MLSE, located at 50 Bay Street, Suite 500, Toronto, ON, M5J 2L2 as provided in the table below. The first seventy (70) entries drawn will be eligible to win the T-shirt; the next seventy (70) entries drawn will be eligible to win the Toque. Non-winning Entries will remain eligible for subsequent Weekly Draws. The odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Prize Draw.
Week Weekly Entry Period Draw Date
1 October 28, 2023 @ 12:00 pm ET to November 3, 2023 @ 11:59 pm ET. November 6. 2023
2 November 4, 2023 @ 12:00 am ET to November 10, 2023 @ 11:59 pm ET November 13, 2023
3 November 11, 2023 @ 12:00 am ET to November 17, 2023 @ 11:59 pm ET November 20, 2023
4 November 18, 2023 @ 12:00 am ET to November 24, 2023 @ 11:59 pm ET November 27, 2023
5 November 25, 2023 @ 12:00 am ET to December 1, 2023 @ 11:59 pm ET December 4, 2023
Grand Prize: On December 4, 2023, following the last Weekly Prize Draw as provided above, a random draw will be conducted from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to select ten (10) entries as eligible to win a Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize Draw”). The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Grand Prize Draw.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsors for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter any Draw for any reason or for Prizes that remain unclaimed or unawarded. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
Each potential Prize Winner will be notified of their selection by the contact information provided in the App or at the email address provided upon entry. If a Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond within forty-eight (48) hours of the first attempt of contact by the Contest Sponsors, they will be considered to have forfeited their Prize and will be disqualified and another Entrant may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries until such time as contact is made with a Selected Entrant or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first (in which case the above-noted process will apply to such alternate Entrant). The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact any Selected Entrant.
6. CLAIMING A PRIZE:
To be declared a winner (“Winner”), each Selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question posed either by telephone or email at the telephone number or email address on the account of record for that Selected Entrant . The Selected Entrant will also be required to sign a Declaration, Release and Waiver Form (the “Release Form”) confirming compliance with the Official Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Released Parties from any liability in connection with the Prize or the Contest.
If a Selected Entrant does not meet all of the Contest requirements, fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question or does not sign and return the Release Form to the Contest Sponsors within the time-frame specified, that Selected Entrant will forfeit their Prize and the Contest Sponsors shall be entitled (but not obligated) to select another Entrant from the remaining eligible Entries until such time as contact is made with an Entrant or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first. This process may continue until each Prize has been awarded or there is insufficient time to permit the awarding of any Prize (in which case the above-noted process will apply to such alternate Entrant). The Contest Sponsors are not responsible, whether as a result of human error or otherwise, for any failure to contact any Selected Entrant. The Contest Sponsors will contact each Winner following receipt of their signed Release Form to arrange for delivery of the respective Prize.
7. GENERAL RULES: In the event of a conflict between the English language Official Rules and any instructions or interpretations of these Official Rules given by an employee of the Contest Sponsors regarding the Contest, the English language Official Rules shall prevail. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the English language Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of the English language Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. INDEMNIFICATION: By submitting an Entry into this Contest, each Entrant confirms his or her understanding of and compliance with these Official Rules. Each Entrant, and their representatives, heirs, next of kin or assignees (“Entrant’s Representatives”), hereby releases and holds the Released Parties harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant, Entrant’s Representatives or any other person, including personal injury, death or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Official Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The Entrant and Entrant’s Representatives agree to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: None of the Released Parties assumes any liability for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries, the selection of the Winner or for any printing or other errors in any Contest materials. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, tampering, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of Entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems, viruses or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or Direct Messaging on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Entrants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest.
None of the Released Parties assumes any liability for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages which may be sustained to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from an Entrant’s attempt to either participate in the Contest or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest or use of any website. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on any website is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
10. CONTEST ADMINISTRATION: All decisions regarding the Contest remain with the Contest Sponsors. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, suspend and/or terminate any or all parts of the Contest for any reason, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to the province of Quebec.
11. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be in violation of these Official Rules. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to refuse an Entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Official Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief (including attorneys’ fees) from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying Entrants from this and future contests of the Contest Sponsors. In their sole determination, the Contest Sponsors may disqualify any person who acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person and to void all such person’s associated Entries. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to the province of Quebec, should fraud, virus, bugs, or other reasons beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors corrupt the security, proper play or administration of the Contest.
12. PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By accepting a Prize, each Winner agrees to allow the Contest Sponsors and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, promotional and advertising agencies and representatives the right to use his/her name, biographical information, image, photos and/or likeness and statements for programming, promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Contest, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on television, video, the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
13. TRADE-MARKS: All Trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
14. GOVERNING LAW: The Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between any person and/or Entrant and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, including the procedural provisions of those laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The Contest Sponsors and all Entrants hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, in respect of the determination of any matter, issue or dispute arising under or in respect of these Official Rules and/or the Contest and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Any words herein importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa in both the singular and the plural.